Thursday, March 7, 2013

Always Looking Forward

You guys, Ragnar was amazing. Actually, during the race I thought it ranked 3rd among my Worst Decisions Ever, but that's just because everything on my body hurt. The thing is, when you sign yourself up to do something hard, and it hurts, and you're afraid of the pain, and you do it anyway, it means you're LIVING OUTSIDE the rut.

You know, that freaking rut that is so easy to fall into and get stuck in, that rut that so many people live in without even noticing. So YAY FOR NO RUTS!

Woohoo for challenging yourself, and
YIPPEE for the confidence you get from doing something hard.

I wish all this didn't sound cliche, I wish I could get people to understand that they, in their ruts, are not stuck there. YOU are not stuck.

Anyhoo.

Here is the best part of Ragnar for me:

That right there is my one and only true love Jeff, who ran along side me with water and chapstick, and brought me Gu gels even when I snapped at him "JUST GIVE THEM TO ME" out of the desperation of my crying muscles. He stayed up a day and night and day driving and navigating and supporting, and I'm pretty sure the balance of awesomeness has shifted in our household, because he is the Greatest Guy Ever and I can't even begin to deserve him. He is a gift to me from God. Also, our team of Cholla Chicks and Cholla dudes (don't care for the Cholla Pricks or Dicks designation, if I'm being honest) is the most awesome and wonderful group of people ever.

Also, just look at that scenery!

And:
The Finish Line: we thought it was a myth!

So! Next up! I am injured, and broken down. Not complaining, just pointing out the perfect timing because in about 12 hours I leave for Egypt! And there will be No Running In Egypt. I am just beyond excited about this opportunity and can't wait to share it with you. Until next time!  



1 comment: