Monday, December 10, 2012

'Tis the Season to be a Chunky Monkey

All I can say is, it's a darn good thing that I run a lot. Yesterday after 16 miles I proceeded to eat cookie dough and cookies for dinner--luckily I had chunky vegegetable beef soup for a snack, which I am sure cancels out the ginormous mounds of cookie dough, two kinds. I shudder to think of the calories.

But then today, this is what greeted me at work:

It's two layers. Five pounds. There are seven of us here but I guarantee that I will eat over half this box. I decided that every time I ate one, I'd run in the back and do ten pushups. But here we are at the end of the day and my arms and chest are trembling, I'm just not strong enough to stick to this deal!

Also:

My boss brought me these because, as a dude, he thinks all woman-stress must come from hormones and chocolate will solve it. Never mind the high-pressure job or all the other things that might stress a girl out. Don't get me wrong, I ate it. All. We just have so much junk food around here all the time!

First world problems, amiright? Sometimes I think about how awful it is to eat food just because it's there, hungry or not, when people in other places are literally always hungry. We are truly wealthy here in America and often take it for granted.

Anyway, it's now about six weeks till the marathon, and I'm not exactly where I should be with my training. I'm starting to wonder if my goal of "finishing with a 3 in front of my time" should change to "finishing". Which is totally fine, I am blessed to be able to do this at all!

Merry December 12th, y'all.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I am SO thankful that no one but me brings the sweets... cause no way I am buying a 5lbs box of candy for myself!

    Ahh marathons and the number 3... you freakin got this woman, chocolate fuels the muscles :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate fuels the blubber! I won't stop eating it though. :)

      Delete